On 2-3 April 2013 in Jakarta, Indonesia, ASEAN Conference holds “Educating ASEAN Societies for Integrity - The Role of Educators and Students in Building Integrity” which gathered a number of the regional scholars, thinkers on governance, integrity and corruption combating. Mr. Nhat Nguyen Duc from VIETSURVEY has been invited to join the Drafting Committee who will play the role of panelists in different sessions, conduct strategic discussion to formulate the recommendation, review, analyze and identify findings in the rapporteur presentation. The recommendation drafting committee will ultimately formulate guidance, advice, and recommendation on integrity building and an-ti corruption education efforts in ASEAN state members. Educators and students in the region will play center roles to that end. State members will lend their experiences to form regional joint activity and cooperation. The workshop has attracted the high participation of faculties from top universities, research entities in ASEAN and education leaders of the host country. The drafting committee hosts the press conference on 3 April with the following recommendations within ASEAN.
1. Policy makers create an enabling environment for strengthening integrity education and integrity within education and the many benefits that will come to society from this process.
2. Promotion and support for comparative research on integrity, corruption, and anti-corruption in and develop shared curricula that help to critically on local and national challenges
3. Ministry of Education explore the possibility, taking into account the model of Indonesia, of introducing semester –long courses for undergraduate students irrespective of their academic degree, on integrity and anti-corruption and other points of contact on these theme where appropriate.
4. Research and policy development for holistic strategies for improving integrity in higher education in the region.
5. The promotion and support of critical, independent research and the development of teaching case studies on integrity, corruption and anti-corruption.
|© 2011-2014 VietSurvey Research and Analysis|